There are a few reasons why Jack Matthews Development is planning on building Olia Village on the Bayer property in Creve Coeur, which will be a self contained mini city with houses, townhomes, apartments, hotels, commercial buildings, restaurants and services.
- To create a more sustainable and livable environment. Mini cities can be designed to be more walkable, bikeable, and transit-friendly than traditional suburbs. They can also have a mix of housing types, from single-family homes to apartments, to accommodate people of all income levels and lifestyles.
- To reduce traffic congestion. Mini cities can help to reduce traffic congestion by concentrating jobs, housing, and services in one area. This makes it easier for people to get around without having to drive long distances.
- To attract and retain top talent. Companies are increasingly looking to locate in places where their employees can live, work, and play in the same community. Mini cities can offer this kind of lifestyle, making them attractive to both employees and employers.
- To create a sense of community. Mini cities can be designed to foster a sense of community among residents. This can be done by including public spaces, such as parks and plazas, as well as by providing opportunities for residents to get involved in their community through volunteering and other activities.
In addition to these general benefits, there are also some specific reasons why developers might choose to build mini cities with houses and services. For example, a developer might build a mini city to:
- Redevelop a former industrial site. Mini cities can be a good way to redevelop former industrial sites, such as brownfields, into vibrant and livable communities.
- Create a new community in a growing area. Mini cities can be used to create new communities in areas that are experiencing rapid growth.
- Provide affordable housing. Mini cities can be used to provide affordable housing options for people who might not be able to afford to live in more expensive areas.
Overall, there are a number of reasons why developers are building mini cities with houses and services. These mini cities can offer a number of benefits, both for residents and businesses.