RUSKIN / SOUTHSHORE, FL – June 21: The construction of the 7,400 square foot Ruskin Branch Library was completed in 1966 on US 41 (Tamiami Trail) in Ruskin, FL.
1916: The Ruskin library got its start in private homes in 1916 when residence started donated books that could be shared throughout the community. This barter-like system was organized and managed by the Ruskin Woman’s Club.
1929: The library was moved to the Chamber of Commerce building in 1929.
1940: The library then moved to the Ruskin Women’s Club building in 1940. This was the same year that the Dickman home of the former College President was deeded over to Ruskin Women’s Club on US 41.
1963: The Library Association, in 1963, was formed to raise funds for the construction of a new and permanent library that now stands at 26 Dickman Drive that was dedicated in June 1966.
Ruskin Branch Library | 26 Dickman Dr SE | Ruskin, FL 33570 | (813) 273-3652 | http://www.hcplc.org/hcplc/locations/rus/