RUSKIN / SUN CITY CENTER, FL – Popeye’s Chicken held their Grand Opening today (Dec. 21, 2015) at 10:30 am located next to Denny’s at 3763 Sun City Center Blvd in Ruskin, FL.
I spoke with a nice gentleman on Dec. 19, the day they put the Grand Opening date on the sign, that said they had to remove the tall trees that ran along SR-674 due to the new electric poles that were installed. The original trees would have been too close to the wires.
The same gentleman, also, mentioned that they made the parking lot at the Ruskin location a little bigger than the Big Bend Riverview location.
One of the friendly landscapers said the owner had them plant small growing trees away from the power lines.
1. APRIL 2015: Pre-plan for a Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen approved by Hillsborough County for Ruskin, FL.
2. APRIL 2015: Land purchased for $625,000 by POP FLORIDA PROPERTIES LLC.
3. MAY 2015: Construction site surveyed and leveled.
4. JUNE 2015: Permit issued to McAnally Construction Company to build Popeyes.
5. AUGUST 2015: Hiring sign posted at construction site with email to send applications: PLKflorida@gmail.com
6. DECEMBER 2015: Grand Opening to be held Dec 21, 2015 at 10:30 am.
Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen
3763 Sun City Center Blvd, Ruskin, FL 33573