DOWNTOWN TAMPA, FL – DEC 26: The Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Organ was on the stage on opening night at the Tampa Theater in 1926, which was played during the silent movies at the time.
When the time came when there was no need for the organ, since movies later came with their own sound, the organ was move to a radio station and later into a church.
It wasn’t until 1980 when the organ found its was back home to the stage of the now historic Tampa Theater thanks to the volunteers of The Central Florida Theatre Organ Society (CFTOS).
The theater is an historic landmark and shows original classic movies during the summer months each year.
Tampa Theatre | 711 N Franklin Street | Tampa, FL 33602 | (813) 274-8981 | tampatheatre.org