The old gas station is located in the midst of the 1836 French settlement, hence the name Frenchtown Station.
The original builder of the station was Ray Black, a local builder at the time who started his construction company in 1925. In the 1930s, Ray Black was contracted by Three Rivers Oil Corporation to build the Shell Station on Jefferson Street.
Ray’s building legacy lives on with his construction company, Ray Black & Sons, now managed by his Grandson, Chris Black and Great Grandson, David Black.
Ginny and Chris Hutson, owners of the building, recently contracted Ray Black & Sons to do the restorations.
Follow Frenchtown Station on the official Facebook page at: facebook.com/frenchtownstation
Frenchtown Station (opened July 27, 2017)
1102 Jefferson Street