CHANNELSIDE / TAMPA, FL – The Fitzgerald is going to be a 300-unit luxury apartment complex currently under construction by Case Contracting at the intersection of Kennedy Boulevard and North 12th Street in the Channel District of Downtown Tampa, Florida.
Florida Crystals, a domestic sugar producer, contracted Case Contracting to build the seven-story multiplex where the Amazon Hose & Rubber Co. warehouse was.
The name, The Fitzgerald, was voted on Facebook by the people. The choices were: The Teague, The Fitzgerald, The Corrigan, The Beaumont, The Fontaine, The Waggner.
The residential apartment homes will come in one, two and three bedroom layouts with an exclusive 7 story parking garage. Construction is slated to be done in 2017 if all goes as planned.
The property covers almost a whole city block, bordered by East Kennedy Boulevard, North 12th Street and North 11th Street.
– September 2014: Florida Crystal purchased Amazon Hose and Rubber Co. warehouse property for $3.84 million.
– March 2015: Demolition of Amazon Hose & Rubber Co. warehouse began.
– June 15, 2015: Construction of apartments started by Cass Contracting.
– Scheduled to be done by 2017.
– Winter 2016: The name (The Fitzgerald) was decided with the help of a Facebook voting app.