1915: Originally the memorial was erected by Billy Turner Abram in 1915 located in front of Carnegie Library at 9th & Broadway. It was dedicated in memory of her father, Oscar Turner, a First District Congressman.
1970: The Carnegie Library burnt to the ground in 1970 while the memorial was put in storage.
1994: The memorial was rebuilt at the current location in 1994 through the efforts of Walter L. Beasley, Jr., Gus E. Hank III, H. Eugene Katterjohn, Jr.
Read more about the Carnegie Library Memorial in the 7th article down from the top at: paducahky.gov/monuments-and-memorials