The Yellow House Bar at 2201 North 15th, Ybor City, Tampa

The Yellow House Bar at 2201 North 15th, Ybor City, Tampa
Rate this

YBOR CITY/TAMPA, FL – MAY 4: The Yellow House Bar, owned by Augustine “Primo” Lazzara during the 50s and 60s, now sits as a brick frame at 2201 North 15th Street in Ybor City.

This last bar that resided here was called “The Impulse” that caught fire ending the building’s legacy. The Impulse sign continues to hang on the second floor with chard remains on the lettering still visible from the fire.

According to Hillsborough County records, the building was originally built back in 1915 as a retail store during the time when the cigar manufacturing business was still booming in Ybor City.

The property was last sold for $348,000 in 2006 to GVZ Yellow LLC in Tampa, FL. The company had tentative plans to build a commercial complex called ‘The Yellow House’ but stopped the plans for reasons unknown.

The company has no immediate plans for the property and is currently for sale.

One Reply to “The Yellow House Bar at 2201 North 15th, Ybor City, Tampa”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.